How GREEN is Your Office? Thirteen tips to Sustainability by Heidi Richards
1. No more styrofoam! Instead use coffee mugs and drinking glasses made of glass or ceramic. Wash, rinse, reuse.
2. Buy recycled! Paper and plastic such as wrapping papers, writing papers, etc.
3. Mop it up! With a sponge or mop instead of paper towels.
4. Refill those water bottles with filtered water from your tap or the water cooler
5. Make it into Scratch! Paper that is! Use the backs of printed documents to jot down notes, in your fax machine and more.
6. Recycle those old manila file folders by relabeling them.
7. Reuse bubble wrap, styrofoam peanuts and other packing materials you receive in shipments.
8. Use refillable pens instead of disposable pens.
9. Donate your magazines to local libraries and senior citizen centers.
10. Recycle newspapers.
11. Conserve energy by purchasing compact florescent bulbs. They use less energy and last years longer than incandescent bulbs.
12. Buy energy efficient appliances and machines such as copiers, faxes, etc.
13. Look for ways to create new uses for product scraps and methods for reducing waste
What are you doing to live the Sustainable lifestyle? We want to hear from you...
Take the Women's GREEN Commerce Survey and tell us. In exchange for your input, we will share our Directory of more than 200 Green Resources with you. And you will be entered into a drawing for a FULL Page ad in WE Magazine for Women.
Here's the link to send your friends to, too! www.WomensGreenCommerce.com.
Thanks for your input!