Monday, December 17, 2007

Who Are YOU?


Today on the 24 Blogging Days 'til Christmas, Dina shared her tip about posing a question on our blog. So I thought I’d like to ask you to share a little bit about you - I really want to know who the readers of Virtual Woman’s Day are.

And in return I am going to tell you a little bit about me! So here goes....

In addition to being the mother to 3 beautiful adult daughters Jennifer, Alexis (deceased) and Suzannah. I have 2 gorgeous grandchildren who share the same trait as their father (and I have) - having red hair, that is. Their father, btw, is more than a son-in-law - he is more like a son, than an inlaw.


I am married to my soul mate although we are newlyweds we have been together for 16 years. I knew him even before we crossed paths (spiritually).


I love to read, write, ride my Honda Rebel (I am a bit of a Rebel myself) travel to unusual places (My husband and I went to Egypt shortly after 9-11 for a conference/cruise) and I have been to Kuwait, Qatar and a few other places in the middle East (as a special guest of the US Military).

One of my favorite things to do is to surf the web for interesting people and cutting edge information.
About my Businesses:
President and Chief Goddess of a Thriving Florist (celebrating 26+ years in business) – http://www.edenflorist.com/


Founder & Chief Visionary of the Women’s eCommerce Association, International http://www.wecai.org/ – a network of women, organizations, resources to help women do MORE business on and off the WEB.


Publisher and editor-and-chief for WE Magazine for Women – The Digital Magazine for the Total Woman – http://www.wemagazineforwomen.com/.


Professional Speaker & Published Author specializing in "Helping Small Businesses Grow" and my niche is women business owners.


My personal mission in life is to help other women become more successful in all aspects of their lives.


Looking forward to hearing from you and reading "your story."


Heidi Richards Mooney

4 comments:

Bev Mahone said...

Let's see....who am I?

Well, my name is Beverly Mahone-Gibbs. I'm a wife, mother and grandmother. I'm passionate about God, my family, my writing and my friendships (in that order). I,too, have married my soul mate but I had to search a little longer to find him :)

I spent more than 25 years in radio and television news. I now have my own media coaching and consulting business (http://www.talk2bev.com)

I am the creator and founder of the Baby Boomer Diva Web of Fame--a group I'm very excited about.

Something most people don't know about me: I was a member of the 1977 Ohio University National Debating Championship team so I'm really excited to see this new movie coming out called "The Great Debaters" with my favorite actor Denzel Washington.

Thanks Heidi---and thanks for sharing more about who you are.

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

Heidi:

I'm Terri, aka Pop Art Diva, occasionally masquerading as THE MARTINI DIVA and happily doodling as The NORMAL CHALLENGED Artist.

I've been a professional artist all my life, trained as an illustrator and graphic designer at the Art Center, worked as an illustrator, and designer and then gave in to my fine art bug and became an "artist", lol.

Art is my life and has often been my salvation. It has taken me throughout the U.S. and overseas, given my life meaning and allowed me to leave something of myself in the world.

I'm single, having lost my soul mate in Viet Nam, have no children, BUT I have my wonderful little Yorkipoo, Pixel, and my ancient and cranky Cockatiel, Peter Pan for my family.

I am now, at the age of 56 (57 in less than a month - Oh My!) attempting in my blundering way to become an internet gazillionaire - or at least get myself a decent retirement income - TeeHee. I'm completely self-taught on all things geek but am learning a ton from the DIVAS (thank you, Divas!)

BTW,Thanks for the Candy Cane Martini recipe - it's quite different than mine! Posted a reply on THE MARTINI DIVA for you!

Anonymous said...

Heidi, this is very cool, thank you for sharing. :) Congratulations on being a newlywed! My grandma did the same thing. Maybe it's a red hair thing.

I lean toward the rebel side myself. When I was a child my mom always asked me "Why are you so contrary" because I tend to ask the questions HOW or WHY whenever someone or a group of people suggests I speak, dress or behave in a certain way.

Asking the question instead of just blindly following the order has gotten me quite far in life and for that I'm intensely happy and satisfied!

When not busy being a reasonable rebel, I write copy and develop website marketing materials for bright and inspiring people like yourself. Right now I'm working on copy for an undefeated boxing champion and I've never had so much fun!

Beyond that, I cherish the simple life. I don't really have a need for a lot of "things." Just enjoy easy pleasures like cooking, knitting, nature walks, with a need for speed now and then (this summer I took a ride on a speed boat in the Thousand Islands - exhilarating!) Never rode a motorcycle but I can see why you do!

A great milestone in my life will be approaching with the New Year - I'm very excited and a little nervous but I won't spill the beans until I know it's for real!

Thanks again, this was lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

Who am I?

A question I ask myself, and I discover more about me, learn, grow, change. Life continues to be an adventure.

Mother to 7, grandmother to 2, 3 of my children still living at home. I can truthfully say my children were my whole life while they were little, still a very good part of my life.

When my youngest started school, I thought it was time to get a "job". After preparing taxes for a few years I realized that was not for me. I have a strong need to be creative. I'd rather work for myself. And a 40+ hour job a week doesn't balance well with the time I spend with my children, and doing volunteer work.

I can be incredibly stubborn once my mind is made up.

I don't need a bunch of stuff either. Don't send me any knick knacks to collect dust. But I do appreciate quality tools to get whatever project done. Can't live without my laptop and camera.

I have to be outside, enjoy being in the mountains, on the seashore. Love to travel, see new places, meet new people. Can't sit still and be a couch potato.

I love playing with graphics, writing, photography, and the internet. Once I understood what I could do with WordPress and blogs, I was hooked.

I share a birthday with Sputnik and a name with Heidi.

The other Heidi