"The biggest challenge was that we had to shoot so quickly and with such a limited budget." Debbie Allen
Have to give a shout to Penny Haynes who did a great job of giving us excellent advice and tips on how to create an online video to promote your business. Penny Haynes is an expert in creating video for her clients. She is the owner of 1st Podcast Publishing which provides training, resources and services for all of your podcasting needs. Learn how affordable and effective it is to brand yourself and your business with podcasting at the 1st Business Podcasters Blog/Podcast.
Go to http://www.YourVoicePodcast.com to listen to the shows and subscribe to the feed.
Here are the tips and sites Penny recommends:
1. Make sure you syndicate your website with rss.
2. You video needs to be as long as it needs to be to convey your message - people will listen to a 15-20 minute video if it has entertainment value, or answers the viewers questions, or addresses her concerns.
3. Video helps you build the relationship before you even meet your clients.
4. If you host your own videos, you need bandwidth paid for on your hosting site.
5. Host Can - http://www.hostican.com/ is a great site for hosting your websites, video, etc.
6. And online video can help your viewers answer questions without surfing all your pages.
7. BYO Audio is the most feature rich audio, video and podcasting solution on the Internet - With BYO AUDIO you just select the audio you want posted to your website from the list of audios you've recorded, and customize the play button the way you want it. We generate the HTML source code for you that can be copied and pasted into your web page. It's just choose, cut, paste... that's it. Check it out at http://www.byoaudio.com/
8. To record your own video get a digital camera with a build in hard drive - there are video demos at Circuit City or CNet.
9. To edit the video get Premier Elements (it about $99) - Adobe product - at http://www.adobe.com/products/premiereel/.
10. Save your video in Windows Movie Maker / iMovie for web publication
10. Places to share your video on the WEB (in addition to your own site) - YouTube®, Google Video, Blip TV®, OurMedia®, VSocial®, Yahoo! Video. (Visit Master New Media for a Complete list of Video Sharing Sites as well as reading an overview of each).
Check out Penny's Video Training Program at 1st Podcast Publishing (click on Training for a list of courses Penny offers).
In addition to all the great tips Penny shared, here's some articles and videos to add to your Video Toolbox:
Online Video Marketing: Ten Ways You Can Use YouTube To Promote Your Online Content
Video Marketing Online: How To Effectively Market With Video On The Web
Broadcast Yourself Live On The Web: Best Tools To Create Your Own Live Web TV - A Mini-Guide
How To Upload Your Video Clips To Multiple Video Sharing Sites: Hey!Spread
Digital Video Production Cookbook: 100 Professional Techniques for Independent and Amateur Filmmakers
Looking forward to "looking at you" and seeing you among the online video superstars! If you would like us to check out your online video, please send me an email at heidi (at) wecai.org so I can let our readers know about it!
Wishing you a great day... and more!
Heidi Richards, Founder & CEO - The WECAI Network™
Be sure and check out the WECAI Network Video Penny helped produce at: http://www.wecai.org/welcome_video.html